Director, Project Delivery
We are a successful, growing SaaS software company west of Toronto – stable enough to have been around for almost twenty years, but innovative enough to have more than doubled in size during the past four years.
You are an experienced head of software project delivery, in a small- to medium-sized company environment. Combining hands-on and detailed knowledge of the projects with developing excellent project leadership in others, you would oversee all ongoing software delivery projects across all lines of business. You would be responsible for the timely, on-budget delivery of projects both for clients and internally. When problems within a project are escalated, working with our account management team you would negotiate and problem-solve within the contexts of client satisfaction and our resources/financials.
You drive for results through empowerment of your team. You are highly collaborative and believe that your success is achieved from the success of those around you. You have the capability to plan and prioritize the management and execution of projects that are directed toward the achievement of client objectives, our strategic plan and other business/organizational objectives.
You would participate in the overall direction of Bluesun through broad involvement in strategy and innovation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Create a delivery culture that lives, upholds and promotes our values and is aligned with strategy
- Develop and maintain a best-practices environment including researching and introducing new and innovative approaches to project delivery
- Accountable for the successful delivery of projects, in collaboration with Project Sponsor, on time and within budget;
- Maintain oversight of projects to ensure on-time, quality delivery of projects
- Ensure swift and appropriate intervention when projects are in danger of not meeting targets (dates, financials, etc.)
- Mentor, train and evaluate delivery staff and project managers to ensure effective project delivery
- Provide regular reporting to management team on project status, financials, forecasts and issues
- Develop strong relationships with clients/partners to allow for effective negotiation
- Participate in development and execution of overall company strategy as a member of the management team
- Started as a hands-on developer, and moved up from there
- Have at least ten years of project management, and five years of managing an environment with many small to medium-sized projects including managing other project managers
- Have experience developing relationships and negotiating with external clients
- Are an effective coach and mentor to your staff
- Are detail-oriented and knowledgeable about the work happening in your area – hands-on in awareness and knowledge, while not micro-managing the work
- Stand by your commitments and meet deadlines
- Are pro-active in foreseeing and resolving potential problems and issues, due to your previous experience
- Are experienced and comfortable using a data-driven, data-supported approach to analyzing and improving projects
- Are able to work under tight deadlines and flexible under changing priorities
- Are approachable with excellent interpersonal skills
- managing project managers: 3 years (Preferred)
- programmer/developer: 2 years (Preferred)
- project management: 5 years (Preferred)
To apply: email your resume to email@example.com